Monday, February 11, 2008

Fallen Leaves

The sounds of leaf blowers ring through my neighborhood each Fall and well into the Winter months as my neighbors do battle with the bountiful harvest of fallen leaves. As a gardener, I think of it as noise pollution and a real waste of great compost material. Here it is February and I have been driving around the neighborhood gathering bags of leaves to bring back to my garden. I empty the bags out and run them over with my composting lawn mower. It makes a fabulous mulch. I could go on.. but you can READ MORE on Basic Leaf Mold @ http://www.organicgardening.com/feature/0,7518,s-3-79-1273,00.html

If you can't get enough leaves from your yard and your neighbor's yards you can call the City and get them to bring you leaves! That's right... they will bring you leaves. I found the following at the City of Asheville website:

Delivery of Loose Leaves
Fresh leaves can be delivered to your home or business free of charge. Contact Customer Service at (828) 251-1122 to request a leaf delivery. When you call be ready to provide a name, phone number, number of loads and the location of where the leaves should be delivered within the city limits. The date of delivery is based upon when the trucks are in the delivery area collecting leaves. Check the schedule to determine when the leaves will be delivered in your area. If you have any questions or concerns about the above, please feel free to contact Customer Service at (828) 251-1122.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful moment.
Thank for share this content.

Di DeCaire said...

I feel the same way about leaf blowers. I went around the neighborhood and picked up about twenty wheelbarrows full of my neighbor's leaves.