Friday, February 19, 2010

No one Can Really Know the Price We Will Pay

Over the last few posts, I have focused on reasons to avoid genetically modified food. The reasons are many and I for one am convinced that the path we are on with GMOs in our food supply and environment is the wrong path. I believe that they are harmful in more ways than we can ever imagine.
I encourage you to continue to inform yourself and to speak out and take action. Check out the website for GM Watch for even more reasons to avoid this stuff and for links to keep informing yourself about GMOs.
No one really knows the price we will pay for messing with Mother Nature but what I have been reading compels me to keep GMOs out of my family's food supply. I will continue to avoid genetic modification whenever I can, I will continue to inform myself, I will grow as much of our food as possible, I will buy local food, I will buy organic food, or I will do without. That is my pledge to this planet and to my family.

7 comments:

Fountain Hills Landscaping said...

My friends and I have this convo all the time. Mostly about meat and how those cows are pumped full of hormones! Yuck...but veggies too...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%. I work at Trader Joes and I love it! Even if it is not organic we guarantee that our products are not GMO!!
Your blog is awesome!
Theresa Rose

Judy said...

I completely agree... we don't know what GM foods are doing to our bodies or to our environment. I mean fish into tomatoes to make this more "shippable" and resistant to bruising... GM corn that cross-pollinates with traditional corn. This is just all crazy. To fight this, we are growing as much as we can on our little "farmette".

I have to say that I was very pleased to hear on the news (radio) about Pepsi going back to regular sugar and dropping high fructose corn syrup as well as one of the ketchup manufacturers. They said it was because basically the consumer was voting against high fructose corn syrup (made from GM corn) with their "dollars". Unfortunately though most people do not know that our sugar is now coming from GM sugar beets!

So, it's all about education (or the lack of it). People just do not know what they are eating.

chiropractor Asheivlle said...

You are right on!! Like Jack Lalanne has always said "If man made it, I don't eat it"

Anonymous said...

Nice work, your awsome content have forced me to to leave some positive feedback BioBizz TopMaxIs Best for Flowers & Vegetables

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more. GM foods could be affecting our bodies in ways we’re not aware of. I've been looking into products that protect plants against insects that are also certified for organic use. Do you know of any? I've heard about this Safer Brand EndAll Spray. Did you ever use it? Looks like it would do the job well since it kills a bunch of different bugs at all stages of their development.
This is what I found:
http://www.saferbrand.com/store/garden-care/5102

Unknown said...

I agree with that too. It's better to be safe than sorry. Everyone should be cautious. It's really scary.

medical beds